5 nights (3 nights in mountain hut, 1 in bivouac, 1 in mountain dairy) rates per person 310.00 € (280.00 € for cai members)
Fit Plus: the classic tour for those who live abroad and are looking for fun, bike and wellness!
Tassullo, in the municipality of Quattro Ville, amidst churches and palaces
Tassullo is the municipal centre of the town of Quattro Ville, which includes also Campo, Rallo, Pavillo and Sanzenone. It stretches along the right bank of the Noce river. Every small town has its own church and a number of outstanding manor houses.
Tassullo was originally owned by the Bishop of Trent in 1207, and then was transferred to the Appiano family, to the Counts of Tyrol and to the Spaur family. In its surroundings lies Castle Valer, with a remarkable octagonal tower around which over the centuries civilian houses have been built in line with the architecture of the period (between the fifteenth to the seventeenth century)
When you visit Tassullo, there are two things that are not to be missed: Palazzo Pilati, which is now host to the Town Hall, with its distinctive well and the gravestone of the Pilati family and the parish church of St. Mary of the Assumption, which dates back to 1101. You will also find a monument dedicated to Carlo Pinamonti di Rallo and his brother Gioseffo, who erected the first aqueduct to irrigate the Non valley in 1852. Take time to visit the little church of St. Virgilio too, on the way to Nanno.
Tassullo, a town with age-old churches and noble buildings
The inhabited part of Tassullo is made up by scattered villages. It is also the municipal centre of Quattro Ville, which features the villages of Campo, Rallo, Pavillo and Sanzenone. They are located on the terraces overlooking the right side of the Noce river and, down in the valley, the barrage of Lake Santa Giustina.
Tassullo used to belong to the Bishop of Trento in 1207, and after that it passed to the Appianos, to Tyrol Earls and the Spaurs. Castel Valer, with its beautiful octagonal tower, is located nearby. Over the centuries houses have been built all around the castle according to the architectural styles of the time (between 1400 and 1600).
The parish church of Santa Maria Assunta, dating back to 1101, is worth visiting. On the church square you can also admire Palazzo Pilati - now hosting the Town Hall - with its characteristic well and Pilati family's tombstone. The road leading to Nanno features another small church, the chiesetta di S. Vigilio, dating back to 1495.
The delightful walk called Quattro Ville in Fiore, held every year on April, 25th to celebrate the blooming of the apple trees, is a decade long established tradition.
Accessible from both north and south by means of the Brennero highway SS 12 or the A22 motorway (exit San Michele all'Adige); alternatively from the south, leave the A22 from the Trento Nord exit and take the new Trento Nord-Rocchetta fast link towards Mezzolombardo. Continue on the highway SS 43.
The nearest railway station is Trento (Munich-Rome, Valsugana-Trento-Venice); train Trento-Malé.
The nearest airports are Catullo in Verona (90 km distance), Marco Polo in Venice (195 km), Milano Linate (245 km), Orio al Serio in Bergamo (180 km), Gabriele d'Annunzio in Brescia (135 km) and the new airport in Bolzano (60 km).